In the city of Tarragona you can find one of the most important cities of the Roman Empire, Tarraco, where you can see the fort, the amphitheater and ruins that are part of the World Heritage that are still there.
A city where you can enjoy a civilization with a heritage made up of monuments that transcend time, of spots that take us to past eras; and also a heritage made of people, human stories and emotions and feelings. We recommend you ten places that you cannot miss:
- The Cathedral, built between the 12th and 14th century in the highest point of the capital, the same site where there was once a temple dedicated to the imperial cult.
- Model of Roman Tarraco, a detailed miniature reconstruction of how was the city of Tarraco at the peak of its splendor in the 2nd century.
- Roman Amphitheatre Building,An oval structure built in the 2nd century overlooking the sea, where the fights between gladiators and against wild animals were done.
- Praetorium and Roman Circus. Located between Via Augusta and the provincial forum, Tarragona’s circus was once used to hold horse and chariot races. The Praetorium is a Roman-era tower that once housed the stairs that connected the lower city to the provincial forum by way of the circus, which it is connected by means of underground passageways.
- Balcó del Mediterrani, (Mediterranean Balcony) rising 40 metres above the sea, this airy “balcony” offers a splendid view of the Mediterranean, the Tarragona port, Platja del Miracle beach and the ancient Roman amphitheatre. It is said that touching its singular railing brings good luck.
- Plaça de la Font, Plaça del Fòrum, Plaça del Rei, where you can see how the modern city coexists with its imperial past, enjoying its terraces full of life in a unique environment surrounded by history.
- El Serrallo, the typical fishing neighborhood, where you can eat the fish that the fisherman brings home in the afternoon. It is a representative area with a lot of personality where to taste the best fish and seafood of Tarragona in its charming restaurants.
- Tarragona’s beaches, Are renowned for their extremely fine, golden sand, with a very mild slope which allows walking in the water or swimming as from 200 m from the beach line. Its privileged geographic location allows enjoying a mild climate throughout the year.
- La Rambla Nova, the main street of Tarragona with over 150 years, with the greatest number of modern shops, integrated in an architectural area unique for its buildings and history.
- Mercat Central de Tarragona (Central Market of Tarragona), where you can buy fresh and seasonal products in a picturesque setting and enjoy Tarragona’s municipal markets.
Do you want a transfer from Barcelona to Tarragona?Our Barcelona taxi company is your solution: a quality service, timely and efficient that you will enjoy with the official taxi rates of the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona (AMB). And if you want to see Barcelona before going to Tarragona you can do it with our Barcelona tour, where you can see the most important monuments of Barcelona as Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló, the triumphal arc, Torre Agbar, el Palau de la Musica, la Pedrera, el Liceo, las Ramblas, Camp Nou or the Columbus monument.
Our Taxi Company in Barcelona will manage your trip to Tarragona by cab to travel with the greatest possible comfort. Furthermore, if you need a Barcelona taxi minivan we can provide you a Barcelona taxi van for 5, 6 and 7 passengers. This kind of Barcelona Taxi are cabs with big trunk, so the same service can be requested in case you have a lot of luggage, and we can supply a taxi with large boot in case you are only a few people with a lot of baggage. And if you have children don’t worry, we also think in their safety. For this reason you can book a Barcelona taxi with a car seat for a baby and we will provide the taxi with an infant car seat to take care of the youngest of the family without any kind of added cost. If you make the reservation in advance, we can organize your trip on a Barcelona Taxi Minivan with availability for 8 and 9 passengers.
Enjoy the security and the comfort of travelling by a Barcelona Taxi and forget the timetables, you decide the departing time, if you want to make any stop during the trip, even if you want that the taxi driver waits for you during all the day. And if you will only stay in Tarragona during a day and you want that our taxi driver returns you to Barcelona, i.e. you need a taxi from Tarragona to Barcelona, do not hesitate in contact us, we will explain you all the advantages.
Furthermore, you can book this taxi service from the airport with our Barcelona airport transfers. The taxi driver will pick you up in the arrivals zone at the airport identified by a paper with the name of the client on it, and then he will take them to the destination, it can be directly to Tarragona or you can go to the hotel first, leave the baggage there and then go to wherever you want. This service is available either for Terminal 1 as Terminal 2.
Our taxi service to airport is not working only in Barcelona airport, we also have airport shuttle to Reus and Girona airports. If you need an airport shuttle, a taxi service to airport or a transfer from Barcelona airport to city, you only have to request it and we will serve the taxi as soon as possible.
You can pay the taxi by cash or credit card if you request it before; we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and PayPal.
You can book a taxi online fulfilling the contact form, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us at our taxi Barcelona phone number: 0034 93 142 62 65